Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dr. House.....er, I mean Dr. Fayad

I spoke with Dr. Fayad from the internationally infamous House Ear Institute located in California, he went over my scans and test results and agreed with the watch and wait for 6 months then a follow up MRI. We talked about the tumor's location and he said it was unfortunate it appeared to be on the cochlear nerve because if it was growing in the location where 99% of them normally grow, this would be the perfect time to do surgery and I would save my hearing and i minimal negative effects. I always wanted to be unique but like they say "be careful what you wish for."

Dr. Fayad and his staff have been absolutely amazing, he is consulting on my case for FREE and even gave me his cell phone number if I have any questions. My doctor here was impressed I had him consulting on my case as well and stated there is a lot of misinformation out there but I was getting good information from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment