Thursday, April 22, 2010

Had my tests today....

I had an appt at 1:00 today for some tests and I would be there for 3 hours. The tests were very interesting and some I never want to do AGAIN!
1. This test I sat in a chair and watched a screen display the letter "E" in different positions then I would name the position (up, down, left, right). The first two rounds my head was still, the third and fourth rounds I had to move my head from side to side as if I was shaking my head "no", this made me really dizzy but I did well.
2. The posturography test was really weird. I stook barefoot on a platform and wore a harness that would hold me up if I fell. There was a wrap around scene around me also. This test was about 15-20 minutes, I would have my eyes open and closed at times. Sometimes the platform would move, other times the scene would move, and sometimes they both moved. I was confused sometimes and didn't know if the platform or the scene was moving. The harness and nurse had to catch me one time, other than that I stayed on the platform.
3. The rotary chair test was CRAZY! I sat in a chair in a dark room with a camera on my right eye that recorded eye movements. The chair would spin around fast and slow, and move up and down, and rock all different ways. I was completely disoriented.
4. This test was not painful but I did not like it at all. Seemed simple enough, lie down then the nurse sprayed water in my ear. Boy oh boy, was I in for a shock. I layed down, then cold water was sprayed into my ear for 30 seconds, about half way into the spray, I got VERY dizzy. Then she waited 5 mintues and cold water was sprayed into my left ear (tumor side), I did not immediatly get dizzy but eventually I did. Next warm water was sprayed into my ear, then waited then she did my left year. Using the warm water, I had similar results as with the cold. Normal results are getting dizzy about half way through the spray. After she was done, I was so dizzy I thought I was going to be sick.
5. The last test didn't require me to do much but turn my head and listen to sounds.

I get the test results tomorrow and do any follow up testing, then the doctor will make a recommendation.

I think I am going to have nightmares about water being sprayed into my ear, I still feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment